Pages

Monday 7 October 2013

The next steps

I launched Lavender Babies on twitter in May I think it was, this year. Starting tentatively, not really sure what I was doing, I jumped at the chance of attending a local small business social media workshop, where, amongst a colourful mix of businesses ranging from artists to oap guest house owners, I learnt the basics of twitter. I was the only one with a twitter account! And the only one who actually maintained and updated their facebook pages! I have stumbled through twitter, marvelling at how much time can be seriously lost in twitterville, and at the amount of time some other people have to tweet! I had the most amazing first summer with our new baby Kai, and really reduced my twitter time dramatically, before having to relaunch myself again really.  I have taught myself everything that I know to date - which isn't very much! But I learnt the #'s to include to gain more exposure, who to tweet to, to retweet (RT) mine, and the all important promotional tweeters who pick you, if you're lucky, to promote for a whole day. And you gain a cute badge as well. In one week, in September I was #womaninbiz #gossipgirls and #queenof business of the day! I've also been chosen as a #fpsbs business and I am tweeting Theo Paphitis every week to try and catch his eye for a coveted #sbs title! I am at around 1200 followers, in awe of those with many more, and striving to gain as many as I can. If only I could afford a social media PA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment