Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Sow and you shall reap & deliver

I have made two important collaborations recently with Lavender Babies, in particular with Louisa Brown Soaps of Ormskirk. This partnership has been nurtured and brought to fruition completely through Twitter. Louisa makes the most exquisite handmade soaps, and has just won the coveted #sbs with Theo Paphitis so I am thrilled that we have teamed up to create two fabulous hampers - Blissful Bedtime and Blissful Baby Bedtime. They look amazing and are being well received!  We've just had our first wholesale order which is very exciting, despite a little stressful and confusing trying to source the best delivery method & price of my sprays to Louisa. Which brings me to my current self employed, small business gripe - postage. Royal Mail have horrific costs, and they do not seem fair or make sense. One spray costs £3 1st class, as a small parcel, as do three sprays! And to send a dozen to America costs similar per bottle than to send within the UK! I do use my Hermes for wholesale delivery of my sprays, but they take 3-5 working days and Yodel are good, offering 24 or 48 hr services. My last batch of 42 sprays cost just over £16 with them, Royal Mail wanted £29!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment