Pages

Thursday 10 October 2013

Little Lavender baby's 1st Birthday

The little soul who inspired Lavender Babies and all that has followed from it, my beautiful baby boy Kai, is one this Saturday! I keep rewinding to this time last year, when I was actually in hospital, waiting for my weak, irregular contractions to suddenly erupt into the ones that mean business. But my little lavender baby was not ready to meet us yet. He hung on for almost another 48 hours! I was sent home the next morning, frustrated and very cross with myself! It was my fourth baby, how could I not know that I wasn't yet in proper labour! Because, this was totally different from all my other ones. In every way. One midwife told me to come back when I had proper tightenings across my tummy accompanied by a strong pain. Well, I didn't experience one of them in the whole of my labour & birth! I had strong painful cramps deep inside, like nothing I'd felt before. But, that was my labour, confirmed thank goodness by the next midwife I met upon my return the night Kai was born. Armed with my relaxation CD from the hypnobirthing set I'd bought, my deep breathing and my Chillax Mumma spray, I launched myself into my labour and birth with a calm, controlled manner and experienced the best out of the four. My biggest baby at 8lb 7.5 oz and the least blood loss & stitches! Amazing. I can't believe it's almost a year ago. He has changed my life totally, and continues to inspire all that I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment