Pages

Saturday 5 October 2013

Let's start at the very beginning

My name is Karen and I'm a mum of four. I am a holistic & crystal therapist with my own practice of private clients, which I have had for eight years and I also hold various groups, workshops and courses. I was blessed to fall pregnant last year and in October, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, my second son. My life has changed dramatically since then (for the better) and he has inspired everything I now do today. I was keen, when pregnant, to use completely natural products, eat healthily, drink more water, etc etc and practised natal hypnotherapy relaxation before and during the labour and birth. I knew the benefits of essential oils and crystals and was inspired to put them, and my knowledge, together, into something that was natural, safe, and easy to use. I wanted to create a spray - a spritz that is sprayed into the room air, or on bedding or babies comforters. Lavender Babies was born in August 2012. I had a small stall in the September when I was very heavily pregnant, at a local playgroup fund raising evening and the interest in the sprays was very positive. A friend of mine who teaches various therapies at her dedicated centre at her home offered to sell them for me, and put them on display. I used the Chillax Mumma™ Spray in late pregnancy and throughout my labour. Along with the relaxation CD of natal hypnotherapy and the breathing technique I'd learnt, I had the best, most positive, fully connected in control labour and birth out of my four. During my pregnancy I also created Sleepy Baby™ and Uplifting New Mum™ (Now called Uplifting™) both I used for myself and Kai. I put all work aside for three months following Kai's arrival, starting slowly again in January. Lavender Moon was born to offer a range of sprays for adults away from the pregnant, new mum and new baby range of Lavender Babies. I started with So to Sleep™ Chillax™ and Lift Me Up™. I developed Facebook pages for each range, and although knew I could market them together, I wanted each to have a separate identity. Saying that, I wanted an overall 'umbrella' business name and identity for both, and Lavender Garden seemed perfect. I bought the domain name, and set up the website for free through a company I have used for years. I opened an Etsy shop, which powers my Facebook shop with the sprays available on both pages, and the website offers ecommerce via PayPal. I spent hours promoting through FB and various pages that feature your page if you're lucky enough to get noticed / picked, and have had some success. I haven't been able to attend local fairs and markets because my time with Kai and the others is precious, and I want to promote and sell online as much as I can. I have had a couple of local ladies buy small quantities off me to resell, and sales through my friend are steady. A local shop was interested in stocking them, offering to buy 50, but, the wholesale price they wanted was ridiculous. I approached my local chemist, the owner of which I know well, and he was happy to stock and sell them on a commission basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment